A very beautiful journey. Dense, rich, educational. Quite wonderful!
A safe visit
A FAMILY OUTING TO THE SISTINE CHAPEL OF THE PREHISTORIC ERA
READY TO BE IMMERSED IN THE WORLD’S FINEST DECORATED CAVE, THANKS TO A REVOLUTIONARY NEW TECHNOLOGY ?
Lascaux Expériences has everything you need for a great family outing :
If you like sharing the thrills
- Each of you will have your own unique experience of the cave.
- Put on the headset and begin your voyage of discovery in the famous Hall of the Bulls.
- Your guide, the “spirit of the cave”, will be with you throughout the visit to explain the history of this mythical site.
- Once you take off your headset, there will be just one thing on your mind: sharing and comparing your feelings and impressions. Which was your favourite part?
- Younger children will enjoy an age-appropriate activity designed specifically with them in mind, instead of the VR experience.
If you like learning together
From virtual to real, the physical exhibition that accompanies the immersion decodes this treasure of art history through 8 modules:
1. The history of the discovery: discover the history and the journey of the four teenagers and the dog who discovered Lascaux.
2. The evolution of the reproduction technology: discover the work of the artists and technicians who reproduced Lascaux.
3. A miraculously preserved cave: discover why this site was chosen to create the most spectacular sanctuary in prehistory.
4. The oldest "visual narrative" in the world: discover the story of the "well scene". It appears to us as a film to which only the sound would be missing.
5. An interactive exploration of the paintings and engravings: discover how the artists of Lascaux managed to create movement and tell a story on the walls.
6. Research around an enigma: discover the fine details of the engravings, the set of mysterious signs that perhaps form the language of Cro-Magnon men and the tools used to paint Lascaux
7. The life and culture of Cro-Magnon: discover the tools and food remains found in the cave. They tell you how these populations lived.
8. Meet the experts: discover the points of view of eight of the most eminent specialists of Lascaux.
If you like a shared challenge
If you opt for the combined experience, you will move on to the village of experiences. Qualified archaeologists will show you how to make fire using a flint, and how to draw in the style of the prehistoric artists. Then you could try a family mammoth hunt, visit our prehistoric cave, lose yourself in the evolution labyrinth and so much more!
Book your Combi ticket now for a total experience.
DON’T MISS THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLORE A TRULY MYTHICAL SITE.
HERE YOU WILL FIND THE KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE HISTORY OF HUMANITY AND OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ART, PROVIDING FOOD FOR MANY A LONG DISCUSSION AND MAKING FAMILY MEMORIES TOGETHER.
A VISITOR EXPERIENCE WITH EVERY COMFORT
- The VR headset is easy to position on your head
- No need to remove glasses or contact lenses
-The experience can be enjoyed standing or sitting
- The cave moves, not you: no sense of dizziness
- Your hands appear in the virtual reality world: you can interact with the cave walls
- Your guide takes the form of a ball of light and explains in detail everything you need to know about the cave
- Headsets are thoroughly disinfected after each use
Senior (+65 ans) 11 € Combiné avec le Muséoparc 22 € Adulte (18 - 64 ans) 14 € Combiné avec le Muséoparc 26€ Etudiant (13 - 17 ans) 11 € Combiné avec le Muséoparc 22 € Enfant (3 - 12 ans) 8 € Combiné avec le Muséoparc 15 €
Sylvie Chevalier - Vice-President for tourism and promotion of the Périgord and the Dordogne
Germinal Peiro - President of the Dordogne Departmental Council
I was bluffed! I had the impression to be directly at the bottom of the cave.
Fernand Collin - Director of the Prehistomuseum
I really believed I was inside. It reminded me of the emotion I felt when I visited the real cave!
THE PRÉHISTOMUSEUM LIES DEEP IN A PROTECTED FOREST SURROUNDING THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE OF RAMIOUL.
And why not extend your visit with some of the practical workshops or interactive demonstrations on offer: fire, discovering natural pigments, painting, and more.
For the bolder spirits, the adventure continues into the depths of the Ramioul Cave. More information on www.prehisto.museum
10AM TO 5PM (LAST ADMISSION 4PM)
DURING TERM TIME
EXTENDED TO 6PM DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
AND FROM 5 APRIL 2022
THE MUSEUM IS CLOSED ON 24, 25, 31 DECEMBER 2021 AND 1 JANUARY 2022.
THE MUSEUM IS CLOSED TO INDIVIDUAL VISITORS (NOT INCLUDING GROUPS) ON MONDAYS DURING TERM TIME AND ON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.
NO DOGS OTHER THAN ASSISTANCE DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON THE MUSEUM SITE.
How to reach us
128, RUE DE LA GROTTE /// 4400 FLÉMALLE - LIÈGE
By train ///
Prendre un train jusqu’à la gare de Flémalle (horaire), ensuite prendre le bus n°45 de la TEC (horaire) ou + 20 min en vélo ou prendre le train jusqu’à la gare d’Engis, ensuite 10 min en vélo.
By bus ///
TEC Liège- Verviers - Ligne 9 - départ Liège Opéra Arrêt «RAMIOUL Grottes» - Consulter les horaires
By car ///
Autoroute E42, sortie n°4 « Flémalle » Coordonnées GPS: Latitude : 50.579246 | Longitude : 5.426674
The Lascaux Experiences exhibition has been designed to guarantee the wonder and safety of all:
- a maximum of 70 people/hour in a space of 800 m², i.e. more than 11 m²/pers.
- systematic and complete disinfection of the virtual reality helmets
- a private space of 9 m² to live the virtual reality experience
Workshops led by archaeologists take place outdoors (covered area heated with wood) and in chalets reserved for each family.
All of these facilities are in addition to the safety measures that have proven their worth at the Prehistomuseum since the beginning of the health crisis.